Sunday, May 8, 2016

One Down ??? To Go

So when I woke this morning from my futon in the future I checked my Facebook as one does. There, in popping text, was a button telling me to check my memories. There it was, on May 8th 2015, I left America for Japan. It has been a year since I left my home. It has been a year since in Japan. Holy shit.

Sounding as cliche as humanly possible, where did the time go? How has a year passed? It doesn’t feel like it. I feel like I’m still but a babe in this unknown and foreign country. Unreal. Though my Japanese is still pathetic at best, I know enough to get around, order, and to survive. Can I hold a conversation, hell no, but I’m confident enough to live. I’d say I’m doing alright. I miss you all like hell, but that was never going to be in question.

Work is work. To put it mildly, we’re in a ‘transitional period’ right now. What this means is my eyes are filled with tears as coworkers I adore leave and my responsibilities increase exponentially. So yea, good times. If I didn’t make it aware or the fact that I’m still here, I renewed for another year. So I’ll be Japan until at least May of 2017. What will the future bring? Unknown. I sort of like having my future so open. I’m sort of terrified to have my future so unknown. Fun.

I’ve seen a bunch of Japan, there is still a lot to see. This year, I want to knock out some more of those key Japan areas and maybe even some neighboring countries. Korea? China? Australia? Who knows. I’d really like to see the Great Wall. Apparently it’s cheaper to fly to Korea than Hokkaido. Crazy. I want it all!

I finally ran out of US dollars which is a bit of a headache. Also, doing your taxes in another country is super cool. One day at a time. It will all work out. I got a ‘to do’ list that I add checks to quite frequently. Language, reading, and simple tasks is still hard. Japan is still the most beautiful country I’ve ever been in and don’t regret my decision at all. The people here, the friends I’ve made, and the memories I’ve made are truly priceless to me. Oh, I've also lost 50 pounds. Here is to another year!

Lastly, who the hell leaves a country on Mother’s Day?

11 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew,
    Happy Anniversary !!!
    I agree, it is hard to believe it has been an entire year.
    Your comments make me feel very good, and very proud.
    You have accomplished, and grown so very much.
    I know how much you miss family and friends, but you have so many wonderful new friends.
    All you have seen and done is remarkable, and your plans to see so much more are exciting !!!
    Your weight loss is admirable, as well as your drive.
    Good luck in the coming year, and God Bless !!
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article comes from inspiration and frequently reading the latest news and articles about a subject and keep up the good work in this website. Thanks for sharing! study in canada consultant in jalandhar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it, Andrew. Update this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ฟิลเลอร์เป็นยังไง





    ?
    สารเติมเต็มผิวหรือที่เรียกทางด้านการแพทย์





    ว่า เดอร์มอล ฟิลเลอร์ เป็น



    สารไฮยารูโรนิก แอใกล้





    หรือ HA เป็นสารที่ยืนยัน







    มาตรฐานความปลอดภัยทั่วทั้งโลก





    แล้ว เป็นสารสกัดที่มาจากธรรมชาติ









    ที่มีส่วนประกอบ



    ของคลอลาเจน มีองค์ประกอบ





    ประกอบกันเป็นร่างแหด้วยแนวทาง



    ทางเคมี ซึ่งมีอยู่แล้วในเซลล์ผิว มีความปลอดภัยสูงฉีดฟิลเลอร์ใต้ตา
    ฉีดฟิลเลอร์ร่องแก้ม
    ฉีดฟิลเลอร์คาง

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys I just want to say that I got an official notification that iTunes is providing us free gift cards codes iTunes Gift Card Codes

    ReplyDelete
  6. the 2019 World Series Live Stream who was killed in the raid in northeast Syria. At the same time, a divisive impeachment inquiry into the president is underway in Congress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. who dazzled with both his legs and his arm, throwing for 294 yards and three touchdowns. Shakira confirmation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your article is very good. Is an article that provides knowledge for living quite well
    wordpress
    ufa88kh.blogspot
    youtube
    SA GAMING

    ReplyDelete